Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Migratory Snow Birds

One of my favorite Chinese Mandarin songs of all time. Lyric is mellow and melancholic, which brings back good and bad memories. Nevertheless, beautifully written!

Migratory Snow Birds "雪候鳥"
Sang by Panda Xiong "熊天平"
Mandarin to English Translation by Belle/Me
Published in 1998

隨候鳥南飛 風一刀一刀地吹

(Follow the migratory birds to the south. The wind is blowing like non-stop knife cuts.)

妳刺痛我心扉 我為妳滴血

(You stabbed and hurt my heart. I'm bleeding for you.)

妳遺棄的世界 我等妳要回

(The world you abandoned. I'm waiting for you to take it back/want it back.)



我不想南飛 淚一滴一滴地墜

(I don't want to fly south. Tears fall drop after drop.)

我空虛的雙臂 妳讓我包圍

(You made me surround my empty embrace.)

我有過的一切 妳給的最美

(The all I had. You gave the best.)



我又回頭去飛 去追

(Again, I turn my head back to fly, to chase.)

任往事一幕一幕催我落淚

(Let the past, scene by scene, force me to tear/cry.)

我不信妳忘卻 我不要我單飛

(I don't believe you have forgotten. I don't want to fly alone.)

沒有妳逃到哪裡心都是死灰

(In your absence, everywhere I escape to, my heart is always in an abyss and dead.)



我又回頭去追 去醉

(Again, I turn my head back to chase, to intoxication.)

就算我追到最後只剩冰雪

(Even if I chased to the end there is only frigid snow left.)

天都為我傷悲 冷的愛快枯萎

(Even heaven feels my sadness/feels bad. Cold to the point my love starts to wilt.)

任漫天風雪覆蓋我的心碎

(Let all snowstorms cover my broken heart.)





No comments:

Post a Comment